DATES: Jacob was born about 1794 in Virginia. He is the son of John Shinabarger. Jacob died in 1845 in LaPorte County, Indiana. It is unknown where Jacob is buried.
MARRIAGES: Jacob married Hannah Heller 4 February 1817 in Wayne County, Ohio. Hannah was born 20 January 1802 in Bushkill, Pike County, Pennsylvania. She was baptized at the Reform Lutheran Church, Northampton Co. PA. She died 2 July 1891 in Porter Co. Indiana. Hannah was the daughter of John and Susan Hammond Heller.
HISTORY: Jacob moved to Indiana in 1833, settling into Porter Co. before moving his family to the Westville area of LaPorte Co. in 1841. He made a final move to the town of Coburg in Porter Co. where Hannah continued to live long after Jacob’s death. It is unknown exactly what happened to Jacob.
CHILDREN of Jacob and Hannah Heller Shinabarger:
- John H. Shinabarger born ca. 1818.
- Susannah Shinabarger born 30 January 1820.
- Simon Peter Shinabarger born 26 January 1821.
- Anson Shinabarger born ca. 1826.
- Jacob Shinabarger Jr. born 29 March 1827.
- Reason Shinabarger born 22 March 1830.
- Thomas Newton Shinabarger born 22 October 1834.
- Peter Heller Shinabarger born 1838.
- William H. H. Shinabarger born 30 November 1841.
- Alvira M. Shinabarger born 1841. Thought to be a twin to William.
- Helen M. Shinabarger born 31 December 1845.
Hannah Heller Shinabarger married Jonathan B. Tabor in 1847. Hannah’s son, Simon Peter, was married to Jonathan’s daughter, Laura. Jonathan was born 4 March 1799 (date on his tombstone) and died 15 April 1888.