SIMON PETER SHINABARGER
DATES: Simon Peter Shinabarger was born 26 January 1821 in Jackson Township, Wayne County, Ohio. He is the son of Jacob Shinabarger. He died on the 16 January 1902 in LaPorte County, Indiana. Simon Peter is buried in the Westville Cemetery in Westville, Indiana.
MARRIAGES: Simon married Ester Tabor on 30 October 1844 in La Porte County, Indiana. Ester was the daughter of Jonathan and Laura Bell Tabor. Esther was born 13 August 1829 in Erie Co. PA. and died 17 April 1849. Simon then married Ester’s younger sister Laura A. Tabor on 1 June 1852 in Berrien County, Michigan. Laura was born 12 November 1836 in Erie Co. PA. She died 24 April 1917 and is buried alongside Simon Peter at Westville Cemetery.
HISTORY: Simon Peter moved with his parents to Indiana in 1833. He was a resident of Porter Co. IN from 1850 to his death.
CHILDREN of Simon Peter and Ester Tabor Shinabarger:
- Hannah “Helen” Shinabarger – born 31 January 1847.
- Burton (Burt) Judson Shinabarger – born 1849.
CHILDREN of Simon Peter and Laura Tabor Shinabarger:
- Martha E. Shinabarger – born 8 January 1854.
- Alta Zana Almeta Shinabarger – born 25 July 1859.
- Ernest Franklin Shinabarger – born 7 September 1860.
- Lillian (Laura) Belle Shinabarger – born 9 January 1863.
- Nellie L. Shinabarger – born 22 September 1865.
- Edward Sylvester Shinabarger – born 23 February 1868.
- Mary Celina Shinabarger – born 5 February 1870.
- Walter Orville Shinabarger – born 31 October 1874.
- Maude Vivian Shinabarger – born 25 August 1878.
DO YOU RECOGNIZE THESE PEOPLE? The photo was taken by John Koella, a Swiss photographer, who immigrated to the US in 1872. It is marked Deutsche Photo, Toledo OH. The woman is believed to be Hannah Heller Shinabarger Tabor with her son, Simon Peter. The boy could be Edward or Walter. Any ideas?