DATES: John was born ca. 1764 in VA. He died 7 Mar 1837 in Wayne Co. OH.
MARRIAGES: Mehetable about 1793.
HISTORY: It is unproven if John was born in America or what his origins were. He did live enter the Ohio territory about 1805 and by 1810 farmed around Lake Fork in Wayne Co. OH until his death in 1837. (The area where John farmed and owned a sawmill became a part of Ashland Co. when it was formed from Wayne Co. in 1846.) John and his family ultimately settled along the Jerome Fork of the Jerome River in Mohican Township, Wayne County.
Mehetable died 2 Nov 1849. Mehetable is buried in the Attica Venice Township Joint Cemetery in Attica, Venice Township, Seneca County, Ohio. It is unknown why Mehetable was in this area, if family lived there, or if she was in transit with a son on his way to the Indiana region where other siblings were living at the time. Her son Joseph is thought to have sold his farm in Wayne Co. in 1849 and appeared in Porter Co., Indiana by 1850.
CHILDREN of John and Mehitable Shinabarger:
- Jacob Shinabarger born ca. 1794.
- John H. Shinabarger born 1 April 1799.
- James S. Shinabarger born 24 August 1801.
- Joseph C. Shinabarger born 2 April 1808.
- Susanna Shinabarger born ca. 1797.
- Mary Shinabarger born ca. 1805.
- Nancy Shinabarger born ca. 1809.
- Rebecca Shinabarger born 2 January 1811.