RUSSELL EDWARD BUNYARD
World War II Veteran 1917 – 1996
DATES: Russell Edward Bunyard was born 18 July 1917 in Des Moines, Iowa. He is the son of Edward Durwood Bunyard and Dora Hannah Louise Brockmann. Russell “Rusty” died 10 January 1996 in Davenport Iowa and is buried at Rose Hill Cemetery, Buffalo, Iowa.
MARRIAGES: Russell married Shirley Ruth Miller on 18 April 1946 in Jefferson, Greene Co. IA. “Rusty” had lived with his parents in the Panora area until at least 1939. He met Shirley Ruth Miller of Adel sometime before April of 1942. Shirley was born 24 February 1926 in Adel to Floyd L. and Wanda L. Miller. According to the Federal Census, Floyd, Wanda and daughters Shirley and Ethel V. were living in Chicago in 1930. Shirley Bunyard died 1 April 1975 in Davenport and is buried at Rose Hill Cemetery, Buffalo, IA.
HISTORY: Russell “Rusty” Edward Bunyard lived with his parents in the Panora area until at least 1939. He met Shirley Ruth Miller of Adel sometime before April of 1942. Russell entered the U.S. Army in 1942 and served overseas until the end of WWII. Upon his discharge, Russell returned to Iowa and married Shirley Miller. Rusty and Shirley Bunyard remained in Iowa all their lives. Russell worked in area construction until his retirement.
CHILDREN of Russell Edward Bunyard and Shirley Miller:
- Wanda Louise Bunyard was born 22 March 1950. Ironically, Wanda now lives in Dixon, MO, less than 50 miles from the Samuel Bunyard homestead in Cherry Valley, MO.
- Barbara Bunyard was born 12 June 1952.
- Margaret Ann Bunyard was born 25 May 1954. Margaret died 5 July 2007.
- Edward Leon Bunyard was born 19 December 1956.
- Paul David Bunyard was born 7 March 1959. He married Julie Ann Graham on 10 May 1986. Paul and Julie had a daughter, Crystal Marie Bunyard born 6 March 1987.