DATES: Jacob was born ca. 1794 in VA. He is the son of John Shinabarger. He died in 1845 in LaPorte Co. IN.
MARRIAGES: Hannah Heller 4 February 1817 in Wayne Co. OH. Hannah was born 20 January 1802 in PA. She was baptized at the Reform Lutheran Church, Northampton Co. PA. She died 2 July 1891 in Porter Co. IN. Hannah was the daughter of John and Susan Hammond Heller. Hannah married Jonathan B. Tabor on the 17 July 1847.
HISTORY: Jacob moved to Indiana in 1833, settling into Porter Co. before moving his family to the Westville area of LaPorte Co. in 1841. He made a final move to the town of Coburg in Porter Co. where Hannah continued to live long after Jacob’s death.
CHILDREN of Jacob and Hannah Heller Shinabarger:
- John H. Shinabarger born ca. 1818.
- Susan Shinabarger born 30 January 1820.
- Simon Peter Shinabarger born 6 January 1821.
- Anson Shinabarger born ca. 1826/1827.
- Jacob Shinabarger Jr. born 29 March 1827/1828.
- Reason Shinabarger born 22 March 1830.
- Thomas Newton Shinabarger born 22 October 1834/1835.
- Peter Heller Shinabarger born 1837.
- William Shinabarger born 1841.
- Alvira M. Shinabarger born 1841. Thought to be a twin to William.
- Helen M. Shinabarger born 31 December 1845.
Hannah Heller Shinabarger married Jonathan B. Tabor in 1847. Hannah’s son, Simon Peter, was married to Jonathan’s daughter, Laura. Jonathan was born 4 March 1799 (date on his tombstone) and died 15 April 1888.